What's On - Pray as you can! North Northumberland Spirituality Network
Location: St Mary’s, Longframlington. 10.00am - 3.00pm
Pray as you can...
...and not as you can’t! This excellent advice has helped many to develop in fresh ways, as they learn the rhythm of their own lives. Studies in ‘personality’ like the Myers- Briggs Type Indicator, can help us know ourselves better and enable us to respond to God in ways in which we are ‘in tune’.
Join us for the day on Saturday 19th October, 10.00am – 3.00pm at St Mary’s, Longframlington.
In the morning, Canon Peter Kenney (Adviser for Pastoral Care and Counselling and Jungian student) will help us recognise things about ourselves that could guide us in our preferred ways of praying. In the afternoon, you will be able to join a Workshop that explores praying in various ways:
- Attentive or silent prayer of regard (led by Revd Ian Flintoft)
- Meditative prayer (led by Revd Dr Diane Westmoreland)
- Praying through the liturgy (led by Canon Kevin Hunt)
- Praying and the use of your hands – a spirituality of gardening (led by Canon Bob Burston)
- Prayer and the pursuit of Justice (led by the Revd James Poore)
Book in with co-ordinator Canon Colin Gough by sending him a cheque for £15 (Payable to NNSN) at 44 Tyelaw Meadows, Shilbottle, NE66 2JJ with your full contact information (incl e-mail address). Please encourage others to come with you.
Bring your own lunch: drinks provided.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to the events list