1. Deaneries Development: A new Diocesan Task Group begins working
The Strategic Development Group has set up a new Task Group which consists of a group of Deaneries Development facilitators who will support and help build confidence, interest and capacity in the Deaneries from Advent 2009.
The role of the Deaneries Development Task Group is to enable and assist Deaneries to introduce new ways of working by
- Strengthening the recognition that the Deanery is an important organisational entity in planning for the future life of the Church with a Mission led focus
- Developing the extent to which parishes see deaneries as having a valid and important role in helping to shape the future life of the whole church in the deanery
- Introducing new ways in which the Bishop and Diocese will engage with the Deanery Development process through an open and collaborative approach and participation in the long term planning of the deanery
- Enhancing the extent to which Deaneries are able and willing to participate and share responsibility for shaping the future.
Watch out for further developments and news in December 2009.