Parish Giving Scheme™
This is an exciting, free resource to help your church members give more efficiently to their church and save your parish valuable time! The Parish Giving Scheme™ does not need to replace your current planned giving arrangements but can be given as another option for donors to consider.
What is it?
A direct debit covenant between a donor and parish that includes optional inflationary giving and automated collection of Gift Aid. The scheme was launched in our diocese in 2017 and has now been adopted by over 30 parishes – this is growing each month!
Why should my parish sign-up?
- To maximise planned giving and number of planned givers
- To increase and improve cash flow, especially through Gift Aid recovery
- To combat static giving as the majority of donors choose to index-link their gift
- To future proof and protect against an ever-increasing digital society
- An opportunity to talk about giving and launch a stewardship campaign
- It’s free! Costs are met by the diocese and are wholly funded by Allchurches Trust
- Professional, tried and tested materials
- To lighten your administration burden.
How to join the Parish Giving Scheme™
Telephone service to set-up direct debits
The Parish Giving Scheme has launched a new telephone service, designed to enable prospective donors to set up a regular direct debit donation to their parish over the phone.
The service will operate weekdays between 9am - 5pm. Please encourage prospective donors to set up a regular gift by calling the dedicated telephone line 0333 002 1271. Callers will need to have the PGS code for their parish to hand to guarantee the gift goes to the correct parish.
Find out more from the Parish Giving Scheme™ website www.parishgivingscheme.org.uk
Quarterly Statistics (August 2020)
Parishes & Donors Active on PGS by Deanery (August 2020)