Byrness: St Francis, NE19 1TR
“Built in 1793 and consecrated three years later, St Francis church was at one time the smallest parish church in the diocese of Newcastle. The stained glass window, installed in the south wall in 1903 commemorates those of the community who died during the period of construction of the nearby Catcleugh Reservoir and was paid for by their fellow workers. It is reputedly the only such window to include the depiction of a narrow gauge railway.”
Parish Communion - see Otterburn - worshipping through Zoom - 11 am every Sunday
Common Worship Holy Communion from Otterburn Vicarage. Send an e-mail to email@example.com to receive an invitation to join worship for those living near or having a connection with Otterburn.