Mission Action Plan 2016 - 2019
The Newcastle Diocese is committed to the Mission Action Plan (MAP) process.
Our Diocesan Synod has affirmed our diocesan priorities which include Ensuring Growth. The synod is committed to growth in the following 3 areas:
- Deepening spirituality and prayer
- More young people involved in the life of the Church
- Numerical growth of congregations
Bishop Christine is keen to receive feedback from your parish, (perhaps through your Local Ministry Development Team or Church Council) following the previous MAP process. It has been particularly
pleasing to see the recent attendance figures for the diocese which have shown some growth.
This collection of resources is provided to help your parish as it produces the next Mission Action Plan.
Please download anything you might find helpful. Some of these resources will need to be refined to fit your context.
- Letter sent to all parishes in April/May 2016 ~ from Canon John Sinclair
- MAPS help leaflet
- 4 stages to your next MAP ~ pages 16, 17 of 'The Way Ahead' booklet
- Appreciative Inquiry ~ A useful guide for exploring and evaluating
- Brief Healthy Church audit ~ the Evangelism Task Group are happy to help you with a more in-depth Healthy Church audit
- MAP grid ~ use this to help create your MAP and monitor progress
- MAPs for smaller urban or rural churches ~ a light-touch Mission Action Plan process involving the congregation
- SWOT analysis ~ a simple tool for looking at Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- SMART targets ~ another tool for helping develop and monitor plans
PARTNERS in Community Action works in the Diocese of Newcastle to encourage local congregations to be generous and imaginative in sharing ideas, resources and buildings; to engage further with their communities and to be open to new possibilities.
It is hoped that further resources will be added in the future.