Finding the right resources for Childrens, Youth and Families ministry is important and sometimes complex. We are here to help you find the right resources for your local situation. Below you will find links to our Pinterest Board which has a variety of ideas for crafts, activities and talks. You will also find links to useful organisations who will be able to help in your ministry and also downloads to Diocesan Documents.
- Messy Church https://www.messychurch.org.uk/ - Fresh ideas for building a Christ-centred community
- Godly Play https://www.godlyplay.uk/ - A Christian movement centred on childhood spirituality, providing training to transform thinking and practice for the whole life
- Make them Count – www.1277.org.uk - National Strategy for Christian Toddler Groups
- Holiday Clubs – There are many different resources for holiday clubs. Scripture Union www.scriptureunion.org.uk
- Game – Guardians of Ancora www.guardiansofancora.com - An amazing virtual world that 8 to 11 year-olds can enter, and a place where the Bible stories come alive.
- Pinterest - Follow this link to the Children and Youth Pinterest boards. You will find boards on festivals, bible stories and other subjects. There are ideas for crafts, activities and talks. Our boards will keep growing, so keep coming back.
- Youth For Christ – Rock Solid www.yfc.co.uk/rocksolid - Rock Solid is an amazing evangelistic resource for 11 to 14 year-olds that is used by hundreds of churches both in the UK and internationally
- Youth For Christ – Mettle www.yfc.co.uk/mettle - Mettle is the Youth For Christ discipleship programme for 15 to 18 year-olds and is all about giving young people strong foundations for life.
- Ambassadors in Football - https://gb.ambassadorsfootball.org
- Joint Education Team for the Dioceses of Newcastle and Durham - www.jointeducationteam.org
Churches in Schools
- Prayer Spaces in Schools – www.prayerspacesinschools.com. Since 2007, prayer spaces in schools have enabled thousands of pupils to explore faith, spirituality and life’s big questions in a safe, creative and interactive way.
- Open the Book – www.biblesociety.org.uk/get-involved/open-the-book/ Open the Book is a project which offers primary school children an opportunity to hear the major stories of the Bible, from a team of Christians from local churches, who present the stories during collective worship.
- It’s Your Move – www.scriptureunion.org.uk/ItsYourMove/112817.id is a book designed to help primary schools as they prepare their top year pupils for their move to secondary school. It’s packed with wise advice and true stories of young people who have already taken that big step.
- Collective Worship – If you are needing an off the peg (dare we say last minute) assembly there is lots of inspiration at www.assemblies.org.uk
- Barnabas in Schools – www.barnabasinschools.org.uk - Barnabas in Schools is a professional education service provider. They offer Barnabas RE Days, INSET sessions, published resources and free ideas for primary schools.
Schools in churches
Spirit in Stone – www.spiritinstone.co.uk/learning - Visiting a church can be an enjoyable learning experience, and an opportunity to explore the rich Christian heritage of our region, the North East. Information for churches and schools alike.
Initiation rites, sacraments, liturgy
- Baptism Matters website – www.churchsupporthub.org/baptisms/
- Admission to Communion before Confirmation
- Confirmation Resources – coming soon
- Children’s Eucharistic prayers - https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/worship-texts-and-resources/common-worship/holy-communion/additional-eucharistic-prayers
- Baptism liturgy - https://www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/worship-texts-and-resources/common-worship/guidance-on-using-the-alternative-baptism-texts
Equip North East is a gap year programme that offers people an opportunity to serve in a local church or Christian organisation while receiving accredited theological training. This may be of particular interest to churches that would like to have a gap year student but need external support designing and overseeing the placement, and providing training and discipleship for the student.
To find out more visit Equip North East or watch this video.