- To enhance the existing provision of work with children and young people (0 to 25 years old) and their families, as well as to strategically expand them
- To minister to young people & students who do not come to church services or groups
- To help the development of an engaging church with more capacity for young people
- Safeguarding and Health & Safety
- Has Christian commitment and character – a good role model for young people
- Demonstrates an inclusive outlook, integrity, reliability, resilience, loyalty and flexibility
- Can use their own initiative – work independently and take responsibility as part of a staff team
- Has a proven passion for and relevant experience in a church and community setting
- Has excellent relationship building skills with children, young people, students and families as well as with youth leaders and volunteers, including appropriate use of social media
- Can establish & maintain effective working relationships with a range of external organisations
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate, organise and lead regular groups, using IT and media skills
Family and Youth Leader, St. George’s Jesmond
This is a new, full time role, part funded for up to 3 years by a grant from the Joseph Rank Trust. Pay scale: JNC grades 7-12. It involves working with families, children, young people, students and the institutions and organisations that serve these groups in our community, as well as with the team of volunteers and the staff at St. George’s. This is an exciting opportunity to build upon our discipling of young people who are part of our existing groups and to explore Christian faith with those who are not, at the same time as growing our capacity as a church for young people. There is broad scope to engage in a strategic way with St. George’s overall vision to grow in numbers, in spirituality and in service to our community. Because the role is diverse and challenging, it will require someone with good experience in both church and community youth work, who can help young people flourish in both.
The main duties are:
We are looking for a person who:
Closing date for applications: 7th April 2020 COB.
Please read the attached job and person description and send your CV to the St. George’s Parish Office (details on header of that document). Your application should provide details and examples of how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the criteria laid out in the job & person specification. Please could you also provide details of two referees? References will be sought prior to the interviews.
Interviews to be held by video.
Start date: June 1st 2020.
For an informal conversation or further details contact:
Kay Plumley (Chair, Children & Young People’s Committee) Tel: 07854 498 466; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enhanced DBS disclosure and references required.